posts tagged with camping
1.hello from the surrey hills
- we are camping and it is raining, a lot
- i just barbecued some smoked mackerel fillets and oh my god. then they got rained on and we ate them in the car
- last time we came here apple maps navigated us to a dead end seven miles away and then said “you have arrived”, very clearly nowhere near the pin on the map
- imagine being gaslit by apple maps
- this time we got it to give directions to the pub in the village
- we put a kettle on and almost immediately ran out of butane. and then it got rained on
- i love it here
2. i sold a lens to a friend of a friend
1. i went to the office, and it was normal
- i went to the office, and it was normal?
- i've gotten weirdly good at self-administering a lateral flow test
- Kara Brightwell: skilled at scraping her own tonsils, and inserting things too far up her nostrils
- imagine showing that my to myself eighteen months ago
- she'd probably go "oh okay so, uh, 'Kara', i see, that's a thing we did, okay. wanna make out"
- i had a desk assigned to me, and it was by a window, and it was in a building that isn't my flat, and i got to go there and not be in the same 46m² forever
- i saw like. twenty people. in an office that has capacity for like fifteen hundred.
- i had a burger, a real burger made out of cow, from a fast food restaurant, with cheesy fries
- it was so normal!
- this is genuinely the best thing i've been able to do for my mental health during the entire panettone
- i'm going back like. twice a week now, fuck it
2. trying not to burn out